Swiss Peaks Trail
Pre-race infos Marathon & 70K
Dear runners, Dear SwissPeaks Trail runners,
Please read carefully this pre-race information for the SwissPeaks Marathon & 70K.
- Mandatory material: please refer to the list communicated in the race rules. A compulsory equipment check will be carried out when the bibs are handed over. Controls will also take place along the race.
- Present your ID at the number pick-up and keep it with you throughout the race. Please also bring your race bag and mandatory equipment to the race number pick-up.
- Please read the bib pick-up times in the roadbook 2023. Attention, at the time of the withdrawal of the numbers, your bib number will be asked to you then note it before coming to seek it, that will make save time. Thank you also for carrying your completed runner discharge.
- A map of the car parks available in Bouveret can be found in the roadbook or on the “access” page. Road signs will be placed in the Bouveret to find you there. The official SwissPeaks car park costs 5.-CHF/day and shuttles (see timetables in the roadbook) will take you to the Bussien platform/train station. Parking can be paid by credit card (select the amount before putting the credit card) Ask the info point for the instructions for use of parking meters.
- Take public transport to get to Morgins and Val d’Illiez as possible.
- For those who have booked the shuttle bus Marathon: Friday September 8th. Departure at 5pm from the Bellossy parking lot (Bouveret) and Saturday September 9th, race day. Departure 7 am at the Bellossy parking (Bouveret). The final shuttle list has been communicated
- For those who have booked the train shuttle 70K: you received by mail the procedure to download your proof of registration. You have to show it in the RegionAlps train. If you already have your bib, you do not need this proof and just have to show your bib in the train.
- Repatriations: please note the various abandonment stations (= post with a time barrier) and read theregulations carefully as to the terms of abandonment. In case of abandonment, it is imperative to immediately announce yourself to a person of the organization (on the abandonment position). Any runner who misses the call for more than an hour, will cause the triggering of searches. If you do not announce yourself and searches are carried out, the costs incurred will be at your expense.
- The “Search and repatriation” insurance is compulsory. This may be offered to you when bibs are withdrawn if you do not have one (35.-CHF).
- Download on your smartphone our security application (= the EchoSOS application https://www.echosos.com). In case of emergency, use this app so that rescues are triggered and we can locate you easily. The emergency number and the information number will be indicated on your bib.
- The follow-up ofthe runners will be done via our website www.swisspeaks.live
Personal belongings : to be deposited at the start of the race until 30 minutes before the start. If you wish to leave your luggage at the start of the race, it will be taken directly to Le Bouveret. A personal label and an attachment will be given to you in your bag containing your race number
13It is strictly forbidden to leave the paths marked by the organization (SwissPeaks red pennants every 40 meters). We pass through sensitive areas for fauna and flora, so it is essential to respect this marking. Do not foolishly follow the person in front of you and be attentive!
- The accompanying roadbook is available on our website (download tab to facilitate the week of your companions.
FINALLY, take pleasure in this grandiose trip to Valais that awaits you! Good trip.