Swiss Peaks Trail
Pre-race informations 360K
Dear runners of the SwissPeaks Trail,
Please read carefully this pre-race information for the SwissPeaks 360.
- Due to the cancellation of the Gommer Marathon races, the race bib collection on Saturday August 28th will take place in Oberwald (starting place) instead of Ulrichen.
- Compulsory equipment: please refer to the list in the race regulations. There will be no control at the bib collection but a control during the race.
- Please show your ID at the bib collection and keep it with you during the race. Bibs collection for Sunday 29th is extended until 10.30 am.
- You are kindly asked to bring your race bag and mandatory equipment to the bib collection to fasten the GPS tracker!
- Do not forget your cold weather kit in your follower bag. The official confirmation of the need of this kit in the race bag or follower bag will be given at the bibs collection.
- Please take note of the bib collection times in the 2021 roadbook.
- You will be asked for your bib number at the bib collection, so make a note of it before you come to pick it up, this will save time. You are kindly asked to bring your completed runner’s discharge.
- Wearing a mask will be mandatory in the multipurpose room where the bibs will be handed out, so please respect it.
- A map of the parking lots available in Bouveret can be found in the roadbook or on the page “access”. Signs will be put up in Bouveret to help you find your way. The official SwissPeaks parking costs 3.-CHF a day and shuttles (see schedule in the roadbook) will bring you to the Bussien platform. Parking can be paid by credit card (select the amount before putting the credit card). Ask at the info point how to pay for parking.
- Drop-offs: please note the different drop-off points (= point with a time barrier) and read the rules carefully regarding the drop-off procedure. In case of abandonment, it is imperative to announce yourself immediately to a person of the organization (on the give-up post). Any runner who will be missing for more than one hour, will trigger a search. If you do not announce yourself and searches are carried out, the costs incurred will be at your expense.
- The “Search and repatriation” insurance is mandatory. This one can be proposed to you at the time of the withdrawal of the numbers if you do not have one (35.-CHF).
- Download on your smartphone our security application (= Echo112 application https://www.echo112.com). In case of an emergency, use this application so that we can easily locate you. The emergency number and the information number will be indicated on your race number.
- The LIVE Tracking of the runners will be done via our website under the tab LIVE available on our website from Sunday.
- We will communicate the weather information of the week during the runner’s briefing which will take place 1 hour before the start.
- Tracking bags: to be deposited at the start of the race until 30 minutes before the start. Attention this bag is provided by the organization (capacity 50L for the 360), any other bag will not be accepted. This one will be given to you when you get your number and cannot be taken by accompanying persons.
- You want to leave your luggage in le Bouveret during your race? You can leave your luggage at the start of the race, it will be directly brought back to Bouveret. A personal label and an attachment will be given to you in your bag containing your number.
- You will receive a bracelet when you receive your race number. This bracelet will allow you to access the different life bases and refreshment points. This bracelet is mandatory to be able to enter the life bases!
- Accompanying persons are limited to 1 person in the life bases. A badge will be given to you when you receive your race number. Moreover, the accompanying persons will have to wear the mask in the life bases.
- It is strictly forbidden to leave the paths marked by the organization (red SwissPeaks flags every 40 meters). We cross sensitive areas for fauna and flora, it is therefore essential to respect the markings. Don’t foolishly follow the person in front of you and be careful!
- The accompanying roadbook is available on our website (download tab) to facilitate the week of your companions.
- Registration for the Bouveret-Oberwald train is still possible until Thursday, August 26th at 2 pm. Once this deadline has passed, it will no longer be possible to register and receive your registration confirmation. Please consult the list of registered participants by clicking here. If you have not yet received your registration confirmation please 1) check if the e-mail is not in your spam folder, 2) write to email@example.com to get your confirmation by Friday August 27.
ENJOY this amazing trip throughout Valais!