Swiss Peaks Trail
Dear runners, Dear SwissPeaks Trail runners,
Read this pre-race information carefully for the SwissPeaks 360.
- Mandatory material: please refer to the list communicated in the race rules. A compulsory equipment check will be carried out when the bibs are handed over. Controls will also take place along the race
- Present an identity document when collecting your number and keep it with you throughout the race. Please also bring your race bag and compulsory equipment with you when you collect your number so that you can attach your GPS tracker and check your equipment!
- Don’t forget your cold and warm kit in your follower bag. The cold kit will not be mandatory for the start of the race. Please put it in your follower bag until further notice.
- Please take note of the number collection times in the 2022 roadbook. Please note that you will be asked for your race number when you collect your number, so make a note of it before you come to collect it, this will save time. Please also bring your completed runner’s discharge.
- A map of the car parks available in Bouveret can be found in the roadbook or on the “access” page. Road signs will be placed in the Bouveret to find you there. The official SwissPeaks car park costs 5CHF/day and shuttle buses (see timetable in the roadbook) will take you to the Bussien platform/ train station. Parking can be paid by credit card (select the amount before putting the credit card) Ask the info point for the instructions for use of parking meters.
- Repatriations: please note the different drop-off points (= points with a time barrier) and read the rules carefully regarding drop-off procedures. In case of abandonment, it is imperative to announce yourself immediately to a person of the organisation (at the abandonment post) and to give back your GPS tracker and timing chip. In which case you will be charged 150 euros. Any runner who misses the call for more than an hour, will cause the triggering of searches. If you do not announce yourself and searches are carried out, the costs incurred will be at your expense.
- The “Search and repatriation” insurance is compulsory. If you do not have one, we invite you to subscribe to Air Glacier for 35.00CHF.
- Download on your smartphone our security application (= the Echo112 application https://www.echo112.com). In case of emergency, use this app so that rescues are triggered and we can locate you easily. The emergency number and the information number will be indicated on your bib.
- The runners will be followed via our LIVE website which will be available on Sunday. The live TV will be broadcast under the TV website
- We will communicate the weather information of the week during the runner briefing which will take place 1h before the start.
- Follower bags: to be deposited at the start of the race up to 30 minutes before the start. Attention this bag is provided by the organization (capacity 50L for the 360), any other bag will not be accepted. This will be provided to you when removing your bib and can not be taken by accompanying persons.
- Do you want to leave luggage at Le Bouveret for the time of your race? You can leave luggage at the start of the races, these will be directly repatriated to Bouveret. A personal label and a tether will be given to you in your bag containing your bib.
- You will receive a bracelet when handing over the bibs. This will allow you to access the different bases of life and supplies. It is therefore mandatory to be able to enter the basics of life!
- Accompanying persons are limited to 1 person in the life base. A badge will be provided to you when the bibs are handed over.
- It is strictly forbidden to leave the paths marked by the organization (SwissPeaks red pennants every 40 meters). We pass through sensitive areas for fauna and flora, so it is essential to respect this marking. Do not foolishly follow the person in front of you and be attentive!
- The accompanying roadbook is available on our website (download tab to facilitate the week of your companions.
- Registration for the Bouveret-Oberwald train is now closed. Please consult the list of registrants by clicking here. If you have not yet received your registration confirmation, please 1) look if the email is not in your spam, 2) write to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your confirmation by Friday 26 August.
- In your number bag, you will find an A5 sheet to give to your companion. This sheet must be completed and placed behind the windscreen of your accompanying person’s car so that he or she can be reached in the event that his or her car has to be moved to one of the refuelling stations.
FINALLY, take pleasure in this grandiose trip to Valais that awaits you! Good trip.